Howard County Vietnam Veterans Organization, Inc.
ARTICLE I: IDENTIFICATION
For any and all purposes, the name of this organization shall be the Howard County Vietnam Veterans Organization, Inc.; further, the words "Howard County Vietnam Veterans" must always be a part of the name of this organization now and in the future for so long as the organization continues to exist as a non-profit organization under the laws of the state of Indiana.
ARTICLE II: STATED PURPOSES
The stated purposes of this organization are as follows:
1. To work for the betterment of all veterans.
2. To provide service to veterans.
3. To serve our community, state and nation.
4. To promote the Annual Indiana Vietnam Veterans Reunion.
5. To preserve, maintain and promote improvements to any and all property(s) owned and operated by the Howard County Vietnam Veterans Organization, Inc.
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
SECTION I: MEMBERSHIP CLASSIFICATION
There are five classes of members; if a veteran, then a copy of the DD-214 or other appropriate documentation shall be kept on file in the office.
- Vietnam Veterans
Vietnam veterans are any persons, who as members of the Armed Forces of the United States served in the country of Vietnam or the Vietnam Theater between July 7, 1959 and May 7, 1975. Proof of service shall be made by submission of a DD-214 form or by other such evidence as determined by the Board of Directors of HCVVO.
- Vietnam Era Veterans
Vietnam era veterans are any persons who served as members of the Armed Forces of the United States, including reserve components between July 7, 1959 and May 7, 1975. Proof of service shall be made by submission of a DD-214 form or other such evidence as determined by the Board of Directors of HCVVO.
Veterans are any persons who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States in any war or designated active military conflict and/or during peacetime. Proof of service shall be made by submission of a DD-214 form or other evidence as determined by the Board of Directors of HCVVO.
Associate (supporting) members are any persons who are interested in and/or who support through active participation, the stated purposes of HCVVO.
Honorary members are any persons under the age of eighteen (18) who have a relative who is a member in good standing of HCVVO. Honorary memberships shall not include voting privileges.
SECTION II: MEMBERSHIP TYPES
- Single/Annual Membership
a. A single/annual membership is a membership awarded at an annual cost to be determined by the Board of Directors.
- Lifetime/single membership
a. A single/lifetime membership is a membership awarded at a one-time cost to be determined by the Board of Directors.
SECTION III: MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
1. The Board of Directors of this organization shall review all applications for membership and reserves the right to deny any application for membership.
2. It shall be understood that each member agrees to abide by the By-Laws of this organization, upon acceptance of membership. Annual membership fees must be current to within 30 days of the date of renewal to be valid. If the membership is not renewed within the 30-day grace period; then the membership expires and membership rights are terminated. Upon payment of membership fees, the application will be submitted as a “new” membership and will be reinstated with full privileges upon approval.
3. No member shall make any financial obligation or expenditures on behalf of the organization.
4. No member shall conduct themselves in a manner which is considered to be detrimental to the organization.
5. All members WILL be responsible for their guests. After a guest has been signed in three times, they will be required to become a member of the Organization. This will apply to age 18 and over. The only exceptions to this rule will be reunions and special events.
6. The Board of Directors, by majority vote of a quorum present, may terminate the membership of any individual for violation of any of the stated By-Laws of the organization. Any member whose membership is terminated may, in writing or in person, appeal the decision of the Board of Directors within thirty (30) days of receipt of said termination. The appeal shall be considered at the next meeting of the Board of Directors .